The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy New Year!


I made no secret of my love-hate relationship with 2017. Towards the end of the year, I felt that the global energy, if such a thing exists, had turned from positive to negative, and there was a lot of frustration, unhappiness and anger all around - one only has to look at the news and social media over the past few months to confirm this! While for me, personally, it was a year full of learning and new challenges, and great memories I'll treasure, I'm sure you'll understand why I'm so excited for 2018! It's only been a few days, but it already feels like it'll be a great, game-changing year. Maybe I'm still energised from an amazing, amazing vacation (more on that in later blog posts), but I have a feeling this will last. Plus, it's my sixth year as the Kenyan Nomad, so that'll be fun to celebrate!

I can't start off the years without saying a huge thank you to all of you! When I first started this blog, I had no idea how much it would grow. 2017 was a year where my readership was the highest it's ever been - and I loved getting feedback from people! To all those of you who took the time to write me, or to chat to me at events, and just tell me that you enjoyed reading my work - it meant a lot! I had people who didn't know me come up to me and let me know that they love the Kenyan Nomad. You can bet that was amazing to hear! I like to keep feedback channels open, so I'd like to invite you all to fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/Q0NSdOKWRvjqcZj82

It's not long at all, and gives me a chance to learn about what you liked, or didn't like, and what you'd like me to write about going forward.

Once again - thank you all, and I wish you a very happy and successful 2018! Keep an eye out for some upcoming posts; I managed to gather some great content in December!

No comments:

Popular Posts