The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Morning Zumba or, An Hour in the Life of the Kenyan Nomad

If anyone told you that there's nothing to do in Nairobi apart from eat, drink and work - they lied.



Friday: I realise that there's a Sunday morning Zumba class at the Aga Khan Sports Club, and ambitiously decide to go. I invite a friend to go with me, because, duh, accountability + more fun.

Saturday evening: 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning? Am I suuuuure I want to do this? I just jogged for 30 minutes, that's gotta count for something. 

Saturday night: Okay, I just had Hashmi and wine. No excuses. We're doing this!!!

Sunday morning, 9:55 a.m.: Just drove in. An hour of Zumba! YEAH!!!

Sunday morning, 10:05 a.m.: This is awesome! I am going to ROCK this class. Nothing hurts! Jump higher? Sure!!

Sunday morning, 10:10 a.m.: Okay, so maybe I'm a little more out of shape than I'd like to admit. 

Sunday morning, 10:15 a.m.: Holy shit, how is she moving like that?! Is the human body even meant to be able to do that? Maybe I can try!

Sunday morning, 10:16 a.m.: Okay, ow. Dial it down, Roshni...

Sunday morning, 10:20 a.m.: Good God, I need a drink. Nalgene's here, so water will do!! Let me just step aside for a minute...

Sunday morning, a few seconds later: Wait! No! This song is awesome! And the moves look like so much fun! Rest, schmest.

Sunday morning, 10:25 a.m.: Guys! Guys! Look at me! I can do this! Also, I forgot I could turn this shade of red.

Sunday morning, 10:28 a.m.: Watch out, Shakira. 

Sunday morning, 10:30 a.m.: What even what that muscle I just felt?!

Sunday morning, 10:32 a.m.: I'm grinning like an idiot I know, but this really does feel amazing.

Sunday morning, 10:40 a.m.: WAAAATERRR!

Sunday morning, 10:42 a.m.: Oh, this feels much better. Where were we?

Sunday morning, 10:43 a.m.: YEAH, ENDORPHINS!

Sunday morning, 10:50 a.m.: Isn't it fascinating how this almost seems effortless? Yet, I know if I stop, I'll crash...

Sunday morning, 10:55 a.m.: As much fun as we're having... are we done yet?!

Sunday morning, 10:57 a.m.: HALLELUJAH! Time for cool down.  

Sunday morning, 11:00: Ow and yay pretty much sum it up! I can't wait to go again next week. 

While this wasn't a 'typical' hour in my life, it certainly was a pretty fun hour!! I'm going back next week - anyone interested in joining? 




2 comments:

colisa said...

This was sooo funny!!! I literally have the same thoughts every time I want to get on my bike. So completely relatable lol

colisa said...

This was sooo funny!!! I literally have the same thoughts every time I want to get on my bike. So completely relatable lol

Popular Posts