The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Monday, September 29, 2014

Rainy Monday

Me vs. Me



I.

Morning. 

Me: Ah crap, it's a Monday, AND it's raining outside. Jeez, it's gonna take me forever to get to work. Maybe I can drive through Elliott Street, avoid some of the traffic... but it's so long and I'll probably have to leave early!! Yikes... I wonder if I have time for breakfast? Nope, probably not. Just going to have to make a dang cup of tea and take it to go. Crap crap crap. 
WHERE ARE THOSE BLACK TROUSERS?! Oh shoot, completely forgot to iron those over the weekend.. great. Guess I'll have to go with the other pair, and dress them with some bright boots... black and gray would've been a perfect combination today though!

Mid-morning

Me: I hate my life. OF COURSE today would be the day that the boss asks me to take on a new account. Sure, I'll get to that, along with all the other crap I'm supposed to do... 
Should probably call the new client to set up a meeting, huh? Eh, it can wait, they don't seem all THAT important. 

Lunch Time

Me: Are we done yet? Is it over? HOW IS IT ONLY ONE O'CLOCK? And why's that woman from HR smiling at me? Stop smiling, friendly HR woman, it's raining and it's a Monday. Who smiles on a Monday, jeez?

Mid-afternoon

Me: Is that my phone? Yup, group text from the best friends... hmm... am I free to meet for dinner tonight? Noooope! Yikes, do they have any idea how crappy today has been? Dinner's gonna be a pizza and Netflix with me, thank you very much!

Almost 5 o'clock

Me: HOW IS THIS DAY NOT OVER? 

Driving Home

Me: Ugh.

Night Time

Me: Oh thank GOODNESS, that went on forever!! Gah, I hope it's not raining again tomorrow. Why is the weekend so far away?? Goodnight world, thanks for nothing.



II.

Morning. 

Me: Show time!! Such a great weekend, needed a break. Can't wait to see what everyone thought of the show on Friday night. Let's go, Monday! Hmm... is it raining outside? Huh, that tree looks kinda cool. Should probably leave early and drive through Elliott to avoid the traffic. No time for breakfast, but I'll grab at work! At least I got my tea. 
Hmm... where did I put those black trousers I was planning to wear? Oh shoot, still unironed, whoops! I guess I could go with the other pair and wear them with my red shirt and those boots I got... gray would've been too dismal for a rainy day anyway!

Mid-morning

Me: Elliott's a really pretty road! I wonder why I don't take that route more often?
Boss called me to the office... wonder what's up? 
Well, that was pretty cool. Nice of her to take me for a quick breakfast! The new client is small, and means more work, but I've heard good things, and I'm glad the boss thought of me when the new account opened up! Let's see... hmm... let me give them a call and set up a meeting for later during the week. I'll finish all the rest that's due by the end of today and start preparing for them!

Lunch Time

Me: Ah, this cafeteria. Let's see, Monday, rainy day? The soup must be tomato bisque if I know what's what... yup, there we go! That's awesome, been craving it for a while. Oh hey, there's that HR lady who was at wine club the other night... maybe I should go sit down with her, always fun to make new friends!

Mid-afternoon

Me: Is that my phone? Yup, group text from the best friends... hmm... am I free to meet for dinner tonight? Busy day, but maybe they can come over for takeout at my place? It'd be fun to rewatch some of those old movies, especially with this rainy weather!

Almost 5 o'clock

Me: Oh my goodness, is it 5 already? Where'd all the time go? 

Driving Home

Me: I LOVE this song! Who's it by? Gotta make a note to pick up their album next time I hit the stores. 

Night Time

Me: Oh, that was awesome. Those girls are the best. I can't feel my abs from having laughed so hard! Night world, see you tomorrow!

Liked this post? Don't forget to post a comment, reach out to me via Twitter @roshwalia or follow this blog!


No comments:

Popular Posts