The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Black Hole

"It's a time warp you see,
Whatever you put in will come out eventually.
You'll get it back, honest!"
That's what you remember,
That it felt good to give.
Pouring yourself into that space, that place, that time,
Rewarded.
You didn't want much, didn't expect much just gave.
And on the other side,
I took.
I could return it, reciprocate some.
But it's so hard you see.
It takes some effort,
And I'm feeling so very lazy today.
You're still giving and giving and giving.
And I'm going to expect you to keep giving even more.
See, I don't realise what this takes away from you.
Drains your energy,
Weakens your resolve,
Shakes your faith.
And one day,
I'm not going to realise what I had till it's gone.
But I'll be too late. 
-Roshni Walia

No comments:

Popular Posts